We’re looking for a Project Architect to join our practice in Sheffield.
The successful candidate will work on a range of projects from concept through to construction. Our projects range from whole-house transformations and low-energy retrofits to one-off houses.
As a small practice, we’re looking for our next team member to motivate people to do their best work in our friendly and collaborative environment. We’re looking for someone with a broad range of experience that thrives from bringing design to life.
We’re looking for someone with the following attitude and experience:
- An interest in sustainability and respect for the environment
- A minimum of 2 years’ post-part 3 experience
- Excellent communication skills and the desire to build good relationships with clients, consultants and team members
- Evidence of completing beautifully designed architecture to transform people’s lives
- Experience leading residential projects at all RIBA stages
- Ability to meet deadlines and milestones with great time management
- A dedicated team player able to manage multiple projects and the work of others
- Proficient using 3D CAD software and Microsoft Office Applications (or similar)
- ARB/RIBA registered
- A full driving licence
Ideally, you will have:
- Previous experience at a small to medium-sized practice
- Knowledge of using the Passivhaus methodology and Passivhaus Planning Package
- Experience leading residential projects at all RIBA Stages
- Good sketching skills and able to communicate technical details
- A competitive salary of £30,000 – £39,000 depending on experience
- Flexible working hours
- The option to work from both home and our city-centre office after the completion of your 6-month probationary experience
- RIBA Membership fees paid for
- Pension contributions in line with the statutory minimum requirements
- 28 days of annual leave including bank holidays rising to a maximum of 32 days as a result of long service
- Up to 2 weeks’ company sick pay
- Christmas shut down
- Enhanced parental leave and pay
- Support with training to meet your personal and professional development goals
- Use of company e-cargo bike for work travel
This is a full-time position, however, part-time hours would be considered to accommodate the ideal candidate.
We’re keen to hear from qualified Architects even if you don’t necessarily meet all the skills and experience listed above. The right candidate is motivated, able to adapt and passionate about helping our practice to flourish. With plenty of upcoming projects, if you’re ready for a fresh start we would love to hear from you.
How to apply:
Email your CV, covering letter and examples of your work to [email protected] by Monday 12th July 2021.
Paul Testa Architecture is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies, robots or third-party applications, please.