We’re looking for a Part 2 Architectural Assistant to join our successful practice in Sheffield.
The successful candidate will work on a variety of projects at all RIBA Stages. Our projects range from whole-house transformations and low-energy retrofits to one-off houses and social housing developments.
As a small practice, we’re looking for our next team member to do their best in our friendly and collaborative environment. We’re looking for someone with a broad range of experience that thrives from bringing design to life.
We’re looking for someone with the following attitude and experience:
- An interest in sustainability and respect for the environment
- An accredited Part 2 qualification in Architecture.
- Excellent communication skills and the desire to build good relationships with clients, consultants and team members
- Evidence of designing beautiful architecture which could transform people’s lives
- Ability to meet deadlines and milestones with great time management
- A dedicated team player able to manage multiple projects
- Proficient using 3D CAD software and Microsoft Office Applications (or similar)
- Good sketching and model making skills
- A full driving licence
Ideally, you will have:
- A basic understanding of the Passivhaus methodology and Passivhaus Planning Package
- Previous experience at a small to medium-sized practice
- An ability to communicate technical details
- A competitive salary of £24,475 – £29,625 depending on experience
- Flexible working hours
- RIBA Membership fees paid for
- 28 days of annual leave including bank holidays rising to a maximum of 32 days as a result of long service
- Up to 2 weeks’ company sick pay
- Christmas shut down
- Enhanced parental leave and pay
- Support with training to meet your personal and professional development goals
- A broad range of experience, regular site visits & mentoring to help you to complete your Part 3.
- Use of company e-bike for work travel
We’re keen to hear from talented Part 2 Architectural Assistants even if you don’t necessarily meet all the skills and experience listed above.
The right candidate is motivated, able to adapt and passionate about helping our practice to flourish. With plenty of upcoming projects, if you’re ready for a fresh start we would love to hear from you.
This is a full-time position, however, part-time hours would be considered to accommodate the ideal candidate.
Working at [HEM] has taught me so much. There are opportunities to learn from all of the Architects in the office & I have worked closely with the directors on every project. [The Practice] has a great attitude towards helping you to learn, offering study leave & the opportunity for site visits, sitting in on projects reviews from the other teams, as well as a general collaborative design ethos…Owais, Part 1 Assistant
Ready to apply?
Email your CV, examples of your work and a covering letter explaining why you want to join our practice to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 12th June 2023.
HEM Architects is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies, robots or third-party applications, please.